06 March, 2014

April 10

We got Jovie's heart surgery scheduled. When the person called me to set the date I could hardly speak for the knot in my throat.  April 9 we will go to the hospital for pre-op and the 10th will be the day of her surgery... A little over a month away. We talked over the details of her surgery and recovery briefly and for the rest of the day I just felt like crying. 

This is something we've known and been preparing for but it's all getting more and more real. Before I knew and held our bitty Jovie Ming it was easy to say we will bring her home and get her the surgery she needs. It is worthy of rejoicing that we are able to get her the surgery that she has been needing. Really knowing Jovie has changed my fearlessness; it means wanting so desparately to keep her from shedding a single tear. I can hardly even think of her undergoing open heart surgery, her pain and recovery. Ever since her catheter she has been scared and bawled every time I've changed her diaper because it hurt when I bent her legs up to wipe her... It doesn't hurt any longer but this girl still remembers and our tiger baby isn't all that tough when it comes to pain.  My heart is breaking to think of the tears that are to come but we will do this together... And I hope that makes any pain she feels a little easier for her. 

We are still very much praying for a miracle! I know the Creator of the Universe is more than capable to heal Jovie completely. I know Jovie is his before she was ever ours and his love for her is greater than we can fatham. I know he brought us here and can take us through. Savior, He can move the mountains
my God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save
Forever, author of Salvation He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave..

So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures, fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in, I surrender...I surrender...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dear Ones- Iam so moved by your sweet comments about your precious daughter.I know God hears you and knows the faith that you two have.I will keep you all and Jovie's Doctors in my prayers....Love you all,Aunt Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jovie is a beautiful little girl, like your other bubbas. I will keep April 10 in my thoughts and pray for her. Love and hugs from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contd prayers for your sweet girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...